First Bank of Nigeria is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings.
It operates a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Opening at First Bank Nigeria
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- To develop and implement a category management approach and strategy in line with the Bank’s Procurement Strategy.
- To drive strategic category sourcing, procurement and internal stakeholder management activities in a bid to deliver total cost of ownership savings for procurement categories.
- To ensure efficient implementation of the Bank’s expenditure budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for category related procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement category management strategies utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach to increase market competitiveness and sustain ongoing category improvements.
- Maintain deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences.
- Plan category related procurement activities for the financial year and periodically review category spend to identify and pursue strategic sourcing and demand management opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s Procurement Policy for procurement categories and activities
- Develop and maintain a Category Sourcing Plan to coordinate sourcing and contract management activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and monitor category sourcing and supply plan for the various categories to ensure appropriate alignment and customer satisfaction
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams during sourcing events and negotiations for applicable categories to ensure best value with regard to pricing and quality
- Oversee execution of procurement purchases utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach
- Drive development of sustainable partnerships with strategic suppliers for procurement related categories.
- Active involvement in the contractor/vendor pre-qualification process for approved category related projects
- Manage influence-able spend via demand management and flagging of maverick spend to ensure costs are managed properly under procurement related categories
- Ensure adherence to defined parameters for quality assurance of goods/services received as well as the escalation route for complaints/rejection
- Prepare and review periodic reports of trend analysis for category spend
- Identify and drive implementation of procurement process improvements related to the category
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on internal market forecasts and internal requirements, external benchmarking studies and/or market trends including, but not limited to, future spend opportunities, category risks, and supplier sustainability
- Conduct periodic appraisal of supplier performance to validate ability of suppliers to meet defined standards and rate suppliers accordingly
- Develop and implement appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms that clearly highlight cost savings achieved by category/supplier
- Support achievement of procurement performance objectives
- Support in analysis and preparation of Executive Management reports and Board papers on procurement spend, cost savings and ongoing projects as required
- Supervise and provide leadership direction for Category Specialists and Procurement Analysts
- Undertake any other responsibilities as requested by the Head of Department, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Hand book of the Bank.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Education: A good First Degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage).
- Minimum experience: 8 years relevant experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opening at First Bank Nigeria” should click on THE LINK BELOW.
Deadline: June 9, 2021